The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
There are alternatives to the regular trigger (Rifle Basix) or as EPointer mentioned, mods you can perform! Don't think an accu-trigger would fit a non-accu-trigger model anyway!

Selling your current rifle to purchase one with an accu-trigger...FOOLISH advice!!!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Shottie is correct, the Accutriger will not fit the non accutrigger guns. The trigger mod is very simple and takes a few minutes to do. Just make sure you test it when you complete the mod.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Shottieman said:
Selling your current rifle to purchase one with an accu-trigger...FOOLISH advice!!!
You are an awful friendly guy??

Let me explain why selling is good advice.

You can buy a brand new rifle with the Accu-Trigger for $250.

Any replacement trigger is going to easily be $100 or more + having a smith put the new trigger in. Even if you could rework the old one it would cost $75 or more if done by a competent smith.

As a matter of fact Sharp Shooters Supply-who is probably the preeminent Savage gun smith out there. will not even do a trigger job on a rimfire Savage. He will only do the CF triggers. And his replacement trigger is close to $200.

So if you could sell your used rifle for any amount over $125 then you would not only get a new rifle with an Accu-Trigger, but you would also be money ahead. And being money ahead does not sound foolish to me---especially when you will also be getting a brand new rifle!! Tom.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Shottieman said:
There are alternatives to the regular trigger (Rifle Basix) or as EPointer mentioned, mods you can perform! Don't think an accu-trigger would fit a non-accu-trigger model anyway!

A rifle Basix sear for a 93 costs over $90. And any reputable smith is going to charge at least $50 to put the sear in the rifle. So you think it is better advice to put a $150 trigger in a $250 rifle?? When you could buy an entirely new rifle with the trigger you want for $250?? And you say my advice is foolish?? You might want to rethink that one. Tom.

·
Registered
857 Posts
You do realize that the Rifle Basix DOES NOT necessarily NEED installation by a gunsmith, right?

You must ALSO be aware that the mods that can be performed DO NOT REQUIRE a gunsmith either, right?

As for Fred, he only manufactures CF triggers! How does that mean he won't do a trigger job on an RF? And as for $200 on his triggers...his Comp. trigger is $97 so you may want to do you homework a little better!

As for rethinking anything...nah...I stand by my comment! Re-crunch your numbers a little longer and you may find yourself re-thinking your comments!

·
Registered
11,816 Posts
First I would check out RimfireCentral. There may be some info on how to tune up the factory trigger. That would be the cheapest option.

The Accu-trigger is not as good as a good standard trigger like the Rifle Basic. You can get the poundage down by adjustment and some spring work but you may still have some creep.

I am thinking of replacing mine with the Rifle Basic to get all the adjustment I want. My Mark II is a good shooter and with a good trigger it would be even better.

BTW you do not need a gunsmith to replace the trigger. Just follow the instructions that come with it.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I just had him put his trigger on a Savage rifle. And it was not $200 as I said. It was $195. but if I add shipping then it would be over $200. I was also going to have him switch out the trigger on my 22 magnum as well. It is a LH model with the Accu-Trigger. This is where he said he did not work on the rimfires. Too much trouble.

Personally I am not a gunsmith. And I do not do trigger work on any rifle. IMO that is dangerous. Now I realize that alot of you guys are mechanical, and trigger work is not hard for you. But I would advise against the average guy from doing trigger work on any rifle. This is just my opinion. But I want my trigger work done by a professional.

I think my numbers add up pretty well. But even if I used your figure of just $100 then he could still sell his used rifle for $150 and still break even. And walk away with a brand new rifle with the trigger he originally wanted. So how is that bad advice??

I am sure you are friendly. I just found your comment to be a bit rude. Tom.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts