The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of seeing Ray Lewis crying! Retire already you Thug!!

·
Registered
10,207 Posts
A guy in work said to me"He's a murderer".
So I guess not only is innocent till proven guilty out the window,its now guilty even if not found guilty.
The guy is a racist or an idiot,or both.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
He plead guilty to obstruction in a murder case. OJ was aquitted of murder. Just sayin.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
hap said:
A guy in work said to me"He's a murderer".
So I guess not only is innocent till proven guilty out the window,its now guilty even if not found guilty.
The guy is a racist or an idiot,or both.
He got a plea deal, because he agreed to narc out his co-conspirators....................hardly what I would call innocent, but hey what do I know

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
I don't believe Ray was ever suspected, charged or tried for murder.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
I heard today there was never a plea deal for Ray Ray. The murder charges against him were dropped because the prosecutor did not have enough evidence, but he was still found guilty of obstruction of justice....a misdemeanor if I understood what they said.

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
Peppy said:
I don't believe Ray was ever suspected, charged or tried for murder.
I stand corrected...

Wikipedia said:
Murder trial

Following a Super Bowl XXXIV party in Atlanta on January 31, 2000, a fight broke out between Lewis and his companions and another group of people, resulting in the stabbing deaths of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were questioned by Atlanta police, and 11 days later the three men were indicted on murder and aggravated-assault charges. The fight occurred about 200 yards from the Cobalt Lounge at 265 East Paces Ferry Road in the Buckhead Village neighborhood about two miles north of downtown Atlanta where Lewis had been celebrating.[39][40] The white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the killings has never been found. Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard alleged the blood-stained suit was dumped in a garbage bin outside a fast food restaurant.[41] A knife found at the scene did not have any fingerprints or DNA. Lewis subsequently testified that Oakley and Sweeting had bought knives earlier in Super Bowl week from a Sports Authority where Lewis had been signing autographs.[42][43] Baker's blood was found inside of Lewis's limousine.[44]
Lewis' attorneys, Don Samuel and Ed Garland, of the Atlanta law firm Garland, Samuel & Loeb, negotiated a plea agreement with Howard, where the murder charges against Lewis were dismissed in exchange for his testimony against Oakley and Sweeting,[45] and his guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice.[12] Lewis admitted he gave a misleading statement to police on the morning after the killings. Superior Court Judge Alice D. Bonner sentenced Lewis to 12 months' probation, the maximum sentence for a first-time offender,[46] and he was fined $250,000 by the NFL, which was believed to be the highest fine levied against an NFL player for an infraction not involving substance abuse.[47] Under the terms of the sentence, Lewis could not use drugs or alcohol during the duration of the probation.
Oakley and Sweeting were acquitted of the charges in June 2000.[48][49] No other suspects have ever been arrested for the crime.
The following year, Lewis was named Super Bowl XXXV MVP. However, the signature phrase "I'm going to Disney World!" was given instead to quarterback Trent Dilfer.
On April 29, 2004, Lewis reached a settlement with four-year-old India Lollar, born months after the death of her father Richard, pre-empting a scheduled civil proceeding. Lewis also reached an undisclosed settlement with Baker's family.[48]
Legacy

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
He pled down to avoid serious jail time and ratted out his criminal partners. In a self preservation sense, it was a good move but certainly there was no honor in it.

The dichotomy I live with is that I have high respect for the guys skills as a football player, while having absolutely no respect for the guy himself.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
If that ain't evidence of the last stages of Chronic Waste Disease (CWD), then there ain't such a thang.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
Did anyone notice just how many tackles he missed last night,2 backs ran past him, Time to retire and he knew it....

·
Registered
10,207 Posts
Guess all that worshipping worked for him.
Gotta wonder about Penn State fans throwin stones at anybody these days.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts