The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they legal in PA? The book says that bait can not been seen from the air. I would think that with these traps you would be able to see the bait standing above it? Just curious...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
they are legal. that subject hasn't been disgused much.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It kinda saying two different things. It saying they are legal then it says about the bait. I was thinking about using the whole in the board with the coilspring method. But i would be willing to bet that would be illegal.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
cover the trap with a golfball or cup and it is good to go.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I use a paper cup over the traps...not really to make the bait invisible from the air, but for a visual attraction. I never considered it, but I suppose it takes care of that problem. Coon will flip the cup off.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Not real sure to answer your question furcatcher. I thought of this before. Personally I stick with a tin can drill a small hole in the side near the top of the can. With about 6 inches of wire, tie the can to your trap chain. Acts as a nice visual,keeps the mice out, hides the bait from the air and nothihng will carry it off. Spray paint it white if you wish .. this would solve your problem. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I like the tin can idea. I'm not sure if they could nail you for littering as long as you don't leave anything behind when you're done, but who knows. It probably depends on who you're dealing with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts