The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy and I each harvested a deer on State Game Lands this weekend.

They both fit in the back of my escape. It is nice that the rear carpet is like a mat and just comes right out. I put the plastic down, put them in, and put my rack packer and treestand on top.

LOL I didn't even have the seats down in the back

I love that thing, by far my favorite vehicle I have ever owned. My zebra jeep Cherokee comes in close, but the comforts of the new ride win, over the rugged 4wd. Yes I am getting old.

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
They fit like a glove man
I am seriously thinking of getting my wife a used Escape. I don`t like the looks of the new ones. I know you have an older model.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Buy a Jet Sled, and you'll never have to worry about blood. Put the deer in the sled, and lift it into the back.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
octagon said:
They fit like a glove man
I am seriously thinking of getting my wife a used Escape. I don`t like the looks of the new ones. I know you have an older model.
I love this thing. I had it off roading going to a grouse spot and made it up some pretty steep and rocky hills with about 2" of snow on the ground. No issues so far with it. I agree the new ones just don't have the suv look about them. If you don't plan on hauling anything the 4 cylinder is a good choice. I have no complaints about the power it has, but I was coming from a neon so anything is an upgrade.

·
Registered
310 Posts
My wife drives a 2004 Mazda Tribute with a V6. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. It's been a great ride. I've taken it hunting a few times and would not hesitate to use it as my full time hunting vehicle. Plenty of room, adequate 4wd and clearance. No, it's not going to go some of the places I take my Tacoma, but it would get to about 95% of my spots.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I agree with Heit,I loved my Nissan XTerra and hauled a lot of deer in it,but on the way home from camp one year I had ticks crawling up my neck.Bought a truck after that.

Bob

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
I`ve had a few deer in my 1996 2 door Tahoe in the last few years and have been lucky-no ticks. It does make me a little nervous thinking about it though

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I have a 11 Escape and it did well in deer season. The only complaint is that spoiler/piece of plastic up front is way to low. I only really went on some muddy tractor paths and it drug terribly. I'm surprised it's still connected. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts