The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
received this in the HPA email and thought it would be proper to place here:

Dear Facebook Friends and Family,
Gun control has been a hot topic here lately and after weeks of going back and forth it hit me. There are hundreds upon hundreds of disabled Vets and even more disabled civilians, each with their own problems but many like me that love to hunt. Time and time again I have seen those TV shows that build Custom Guns to make that possible and that is what got me thinking. The “Assault Rifle” style of gun is for many of them and me (Mainly the Pistol Grip and Front Grip) the only way we can hold a rifle. Both fetchers are what the President is trying to take away. So what is his answer to that problem? Do we the thousands just give up our special need for the “Assault Style Rifle” and the ability to hunt and or protect ourselves so the President can pass his Bill. I think not. So this letter is to all that served our country and/or paid our tax’s, that need the “Pistol Grip and/or Front Grip” to be able to enjoy the right to hunt and our need to protect ourselves and our families. Stand up and “Share” this letter, hit “Like” and pass it on Wright to your local NRA and News Station and see if the President has it in him to “Discriminate” against us, “The Disabled America”.

I have already received 1 response from the NRA Instructors Group

<span style="font-style: italic"> NRA Instructors

7:58am Jan 29
Jeff - this is very interested, and a direction we were looking toward. Are you an NRA member? Would you like to provide any contact information for our Media folks? I forwarded your message to them, and they asked me to ask you for that! Thank you very much. </span>

I Hope that your group approves and will help spread the message. I have a feeling that if faced with thousands of disabled vet and civilian hunters that depend on the very modifications (Pistol Grip, Front Grip and the easier to handle Extended Magazines) that the President is trying to ban he would have to rethink a few things or look like he is Discriminating against the Disabled. With your help and resources to find these very people we can make a difference. Any rifle can be modified to look like an "Assault Rifle" that does not make it one.
Thank You,
Jeff Flowers

·
Registered
761 Posts
Never had given this much though...but definitely on your side either way.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I will back any disabled veteran trying to cope in this crazy world we now have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts