The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i had my mind made up i was going Morel hunting rain or no rain. It was a pretty steady day. Unforunatly i believe the morel season is coming to a down swing this coming week. After today my season total is 626. I found a sweet bonus as well...a 3 point antler shed!

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
He musta put that there for scale. Surely someone who appreciates the fine flavor of a morel wouldn't be DRINKING such a thing.

·
Registered
295 Posts
alpine my area of central pa is just heating up so I wouldnt be giving in any time soon. Nice bunch there!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bkskier said:
alpine my area of central pa is just heating up so I wouldnt be giving in any time soon. Nice bunch there!
Trust me im not giving up. From what ive experienced the past week though im expecting the giant yellows to pop up around here at end of week and as you may know that signals the end. However at another spot i go to within 20 min of my main spot i found small greys today so i guess it just depends on terrains.

As for the beer ...after being soaked and walking half the day i grabbed the 1 beer thats left in my fridge. We entertained some friends last night so that supply was limited!

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
Yeah, the lime beer is the 1st thing that caught my eye.

This season is definitely extending later than recent past years, due to moderate temps. and plenty of rain. Past years has found the season over by now here in SW PA, with most big yellows found rotten. Has been too hot too fast in recent years. BIG yellas here in SW PA this week, then say goodbye till next year.... well save for the Laurel Highlands where they are behind the lowlands by a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts