The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taken a week of vacation next week to chase gobblers in Sullivan County ,then the rest of the week split between Dauphin County doing some trout fishing in Clarks Valley and some more turkey hunting . Some of you may not use up one of your weeks vacation for that , but as I get older it seems to be the ticket after a long winter . Anyone else take the entire first week ?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
the last full week I took off was 2006. We can get paid out for vacation and I just can never justify it.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
If I could get into turkey more it would be the perfect combo. I did take two of my 3 days allotted for outdoor activities already to fish so the last one is going to be saved for archery
I may end up regretting that if I get a buck early though.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
i didnt take off the full week, but will hunt saturday, then head back up tuesday night and hunt wed thru saturday. I will also be in sullivan/bradford county.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Every morning til the tags are filled.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Self employed and in Ohio for the week. Next week PA and New York. Its going to be a tough month! LOL As well as a small paycheck !

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I'm done college the 8th...hunting the first week I'm off everyday in PA, then going to NY for a week, and finishing the season in PA. One of the advantages of being a student still

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Im takin thurs and Fri off the first week and because i got moved to second shift last week (no i didnt plan it that way
) I can hunt most mornings till i get too run down for lack of sleep.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sounds like a blend of vacation time for everyone . After a long winter it is sure a welcome week in my book . The early wake up time is ,of course, balanced by a good power nap at some point ,then some trout fishing to complete each day . A week of archery in November is a winner as well . Good luck everyone .

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I take off for my birthday. 8th of may. i'v been trying to bag a birthday bird for about 6-7 years now. i'v been close. Last years longbeard was taken on may 7th. this year im working on 2 tags so even if I score on the 1st i'll be back after them throughout the week. my job allows me to get out in the turkey woods mostly every morning. I have to be back home to get ready by 9am though so pretty much I have 3 hrs to get it done each morning. I just realized how much I am chomping at the bit to get out in the turkey woods on Saturday. 2 days to kill!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts