The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When trying to find the exact X to set up on tomorrow, my buddy followed one set of footprints to both spots. At 150 yards away, the walker went prone and layed down. Following the footprints led to a single blood puddle then a single set of tracks went out.

Be on the lookout for some piece of trash with a rifle if you hunt tomorrow. This jerk might mistake your decoys for birds and shoot at you. This isn't a .22 that he's using, either.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Wow. This is always something that scares me...I think about it all the time ever since the Avery Pro-Staffer was killed a few years back. Always paying attention to slow driving trucks that cruise by the spread... That's a good heads up to put out there.

Are we positive that he/she/it didn't shoot a predator?

If it's an "x" for waterfowl, it's likely an "x" for predators as well.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
With all the tags and bands aka "Jewelery" worshiping being todays fad, I've heard of more this and ground pounding being justified, and thats B.S. !

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He sent me a text in the morning, telling me he saw them on his way to work in 2 spots. Then he went back to check for the X, like i mentioned. Feathers mixed in the blood and no mention of coyote tracks from my buddy.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a pic on my phone of the blood and feathers. Once again, the photobucket thing hinders me.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
DTaylor said:
Once again, the photobucket thing hinders me.
You can post your pictures on Facebook in a private album not for public viewing and then post them here. That's what I do sometimes.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why would I call the south east regional office? Beaver and Washington border Ohio.

Yes, my buddy called the appropiate office.

Pigger, thanks. I'll try it on this thread later and see how it goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts