The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a buck we saw beginning august 2008, 23" wide, 9" G2s, he was all over our cameras all summer/fall, then i got a dreaded call, someone had hit him with a bow and he didnt get him, two weeks later on sunday before the last week of archery season he showed up in the foodplot with a doe, blood spot still on his side. that was the last time we saw him until January 2nd 2009, we were hunting on the mountain and he showed up while my dad my uncle and myself were eating lunch, all three shot at same time with our loaders, and the deer just stood there haha, next morning we had my pap who is a retired WCO of 30 years from the PGC set up in the hollow while we all trudged the whole way to the top of the mountain, about 9 am we hear a shot, then silence, ill never forget the sound of his voice over the radio, i got one and youre never going to believe it! we all ran the whole way to him, it was a surreal day for all of us, a great buck, a great story, and great man! ill never forget that day, and with a smokepole no less! Paps 80 now and has slowed quite a bit, still hunting but not alot, but he will gladly retell this story everyday! just thought id share!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts