The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldnt go to camp on Saturday due taking my 2yr old boy to the pumpkin farm. So all I had was a local 2b hunt scheduled for the afternoon. I go into my stand around 415 and settled in for the evening hunt. A little after 6 I stand up to strecth my legs (no deer to this point) and look up on the hill and see deer running. My first though was its gotta be a buck chasing! A few minutes later a buck appears in the opening at roughly 100 yrds away. He is getting ready to head back into the thick brush when I blow my grunt tube twice LOUD to get his attention. He freezes and looks down into the valley. Great I have his attention. I reach for the rattle back and bust out a quick rattling sequence and here he comes. I loose him in the thick stuff. I think great he saw another doe and is gone. Five minutes latter I hear something behind me, Oh uh he is sneeking in the back door and is at 20 yrds quartering away at this point. I do a mouth grunt he freezes and I put a 20 yrd double lung shot right in the boiler room. He runs about 50 yrds into the brush and I hear him crash. A beautiful 7 pt that I am very proud of. he is not a high scoring deer but he is a great deer to me and got a free ride on the back of my jeep!!

Weapon - Parker Tornado, G5 Strickers!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
congrats! nice buck! i also have a Parker Tornado that i won last year. i have yet to kill anything with it. Hope i have similar luck as you did!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts