The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,777 Posts
brokenfoot said:
Did you look at the replies that where posted! lots of brain dead Morons
Brain dead morons or not they are voters and if we aren’t intelligent enough to recognize them as such, work at logical ways of both promoting our own ideals while also compromising with their ideals we are going to lose most our future battles. I don’t know perhaps we have already lost the war and are now only in our final remaining battles of defeat.

People should have been standing up and voting their voices for decades, but instead they have been continuously demanding that government do more for them. That continuous demand for more government help is what leads to the big government controls we have today. It is simply what WE have allowed the people and our government to become. I doubt it can be reversed at this point.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have feeling that a event will wake people up. We have been hear before in our history.We need to be there for Answers not I told you so. We can not give up our princples just to get along if you feel that a princple is not worth stand up for. Then you give up on that princple then who will follow you to try to make change to the system

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
R. S. B. said:
brokenfoot said:
Did you look at the replies that where posted! lots of brain dead Morons
Brain dead morons or not they are voters and if we aren’t intelligent enough to recognize them as such, work at logical ways of both promoting our own ideals while also compromising with their ideals we are going to lose most our future battles. I don’t know perhaps we have already lost the war and are now only in our final remaining battles of defeat.

People should have been standing up and voting their voices for decades, but instead they have been continuously demanding that government do more for them. That continuous demand for more government help is what leads to the big government controls we have today. It is simply what WE have allowed the people and our government to become. I doubt it can be reversed at this point.

Dick Bodenhorn
While I agree with most of your post, Dick, I must hold optimism higher. We, ALL OF US, should have been more concerned with freedom than Iphones, new trucks and houses, doe licenses, little Johnny's soccer game, and vacations for the past many decades - now here we are. It can be reversed, but have ignored a lot in the name of easy street -now it will take VERY much to reverse it from those who have found security in easy street. In the mindset Charleton Hesston's words on "civil disobedience" while discussing Martin Luther King's march's and fight for civil rights for blacks in which Mr. Hesston participated, all we need to do is simply shut down "our" gov't - something so simple as too stop paying taxes, period, would do it. Yes, there would be martial law, riots, etc., but it appears we may be headed there anyhow. With no $$, many of the talking heads, have no interest. The rest, who are hardcore control freaks, would become very unpopular when things like food and clean water is at an unavoidable premium.

I liken it to the cartoon of the frog halfway down the heron's beak, but still holding on to the heron's throat with both hands so that he cannot swallow - the caption is never give up. If we do, then what do we do? Live with it? I can't think that way - I need to live FOR freedom. It is not a case of what we can't do anymore, so much as what haven't we done yet to be free.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OMMA1TqIlbM/UD...-caricature.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts