The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of the hard work paid off again. We've been hunting snows a lot this year and had quite a few good hunts but nothing epic. I knew it was just a matter of time but this day exceeded our expectations. When the smoke cleared we had 238 birds a neck collar and $20 reward band. I'm glad the hunt was filmed because I want to relive the day after the season over a couple cold ones with the 7 guys that shared the day. I've been on a ton of snow goose hunts and have a hard time remembering all of them. There are a few of them that seem like they happened yesterday even though they were many years ago - this will be one of those hunts that live forever.

Josh with the bonus bling. Eagle eye Weaver called out the collar and shot it. That makes 2 years in a row he has done it!!! The $20 will go toward the natty conservation fund.

$20 reward band was a male banded in 2003 as an adult - Bylot. Kinda cool too because the reward band was crimped through his leg instead of around it.

Collar was a female banded in 2011 as a juvie - SW Plain Bylot.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
congrats looks like you had a blast.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
holy smokes is that a pile of death!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Awsome hunt again kadd. I'd just love to get into one of the good snow goose hunts you get into. Congrats on the collar and the bling. Looks like it was a great time and I don't blame you for wanting to relive a moment like that over and over and over.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
That is awesome. Good work fellas.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Thats sweet man! Congrats on a memorable hunt.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts