The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having a rough time at it. I have been fighting water at all my dirt holes I wish this rain would go away and it would get cold out. I have caught two fox so far. This is my second year trapping so I am still learning but I can't keep a set from flooding for more than 2 days. Anyone else feeling the pain

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
You could try a hay set and see if it works for you. Or switch to flat sets with bedded traps (in peat- see the sticky post top of forum). Both sets eliminate a hole that will fill with water.

·
Registered
295 Posts
same here everythings wet during the day then freezes solid at night. tues got a db on yotes remaid the sets then the snow comes. by far not my best yr out of 4 yrs that iv bin trapping and i have 5 times as many traps now.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I feel your pain. Seems like everytime I have a fox catch and get a nice stinky catch circle, it rains the next day and fills my dirt hole and washes out the area. Headed out bright and early tomorrow to add a few new sets and re dig some dirt holes. Hoping I have a catch! But not really expecting it with this miserable drizzle all day.

·
Registered
186 Posts
hey at least you guys are catchin here and there i've had traps out from the day after christmas and only got one beaver and that was today. fox and yotes are walkin right by my sets without a hitch in their stride. i'm pullin traps sunday and getting the caller out,, they can walk all they want to til i pull the trigger now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts