The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If he doesn't keep his mouth closed it could happen.

I think they should all get hammered.

Bye bye biggest MLB salary LOL

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
When I was in college in 02 I did a semester long paper about PED's in baseball at all levels. At the time, I was totally against Bonds, McGuire, Sosa, Palmeiro, etc. After a few years though I felt like they were a product of the system in MLB because after all, MLB basically turned their head for a long time.

But after the testing rules and procedures were set and guys still got caught and then tried to lie about it, I had no remorse for them and hoped like heck they got caught. Braun is a jag and ARod is too. I hope he gets buried.

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
Mike Vick did his jail time not so much for the dog fighting, but because he lied about it.
Maybe if there were some real consequences in pro sports for drugs of all sorts this problem would go away. Look at Dexter Manley when he was in the NFL, even after he was caught by the testing on 3 occasions and was “banned for life” but allowed back one year later he tested hot again and then went on to play in Canada.
In professional baseball you can do whatever drugs you want, just don’t bet on a game.

·
Registered
40,122 Posts
In professional baseball you can do whatever drugs you want, just don’t bet on a game.
Especially when you are a MLB manager.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
MLB still does not care. Braun lied and cheated to win MVP and MLB does nothing and let's him keep the award.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I don't see how they can ban him for life. He's never even tested positive for any banned substance. I think the league will pay a heavy price if they try.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Boot him.....and the rest of the drug addicts.......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Whats sad is Pete Rose cant get into the hall of fame and these guys will still get in.

·
Registered
40,122 Posts
Delco Boy said:
Whats sad is Pete Rose cant get into the hall of fame and these guys will still get in.

Why is it sad?

Pete Rose can't get in because he agreed to a permanent ban from baseball. He was all for it at the time. Now, not so much.

The real reason Pete wants in.... his autograph will go up in price. The ban is costing him big bucks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Whether he wants more money or not. His record shows he should be in. Also a he may have agreed to a ban from baseball if that's true, but what's keeping him from the hall of fame? Its politics

·
Registered
40,122 Posts
Pete agreed to a lifetime ban from baseball, that is what is keeping him out of the Hall. He thought he would get some reconsideration (of the lifetime ban) but it never happened. He made his own bed and now he must lie in it.

As far as his record goes, I couldn't agree more, Rose was a great player. He is a 1st ballot Hall of Famer but I don't think it will ever happen.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
All little league coaches should sit their kids down and watch a 1/2 hour of video from him. That man left it all on the field, I could care less about what or who he gambled on.

·
Registered
40,122 Posts
Can't complain about his "Hustle". I just wouldn't show them a video of his off the field act.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
When all is said and done, Rose's issues are going to look like small peanuts compared to the rest of these players shenanigans. When I played HS football in the 80's, there were lines and bets on those games, never knew till I talked to old timers years later.

·
Registered
40,122 Posts
I don't know about that, people are still talking about the Black Sox scandal and that happened in 1919.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
I may be way off base, but gambling and drugs are 2 different animals. Gambling is legal as long as WE get taxed on it. { Vegas} Last time i checked roids and coke were not sold legally in vegas.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Yeah but Rose knew what the rules of baseball were when he decided to bet on baseball games. He made his bed! Yes he was an excellant player and would have been in the hall of fame, if not for his own actions. If they make an exception for him, what other exceptions will have to be made. There is no such thing as an exception one time!

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Cmon John, stay in the big game forums and hammer the guys who cry about no deer and habitat! LOL!!! You got me there.

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
There was not any proof Rose bet on any games as a player, and that is who he should go into the hall as.

If things he did outside his role as a player can keep him out then the NFL can delete quite a few players starting with Lawrence Taylor who admitted in his book he was high during games, yet he was inducted the first time he came up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts