The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a ripple across big market MLB waters

and not many took notice. Johnny Giavotella took his station at second base and batted sixth for my beloved KC Royals last night. He went 2-3 with a double, a run scored, and RBI and a walk. This give's KC an infield of Mike Moustakas, Johnny Giavotella, and Eric Hosmer all home grown, all part of the top rated farm system in the country. Duffy finding his way (and pitches tonight against Vehrlander), Hochevar doing the same, a solid bullpen and some very good young arms about to make thier major league presence in the near future. We're coming Boston, NY, Philly, etc, we're coming. Maybe not next year entirely, but were on the rise. might even see more folks in PA wearing t-shirts with KC Royals on them other than me and my eight year old in the next couple years!! Go Blue!!!! Keystonepaul

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
Re: a ripple across big market MLB waters

Good luck to them!!

I love small market success stories in any sport.

·
6,669 Posts

Awesome to hear and as Peppy said, best of luck to them

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I just talked to my brother, who's a Red Sox Fan. I told him Giavotella had two hits and homer today in the Royals win and was moved up to third in the line up, which for what he did in the minors might be his natural spot to hit. He told me "Don't worry, in a couple of years he'll be a Yankee or on the Red Sox". I told him it wouldn't be two years it would be 4 or 5 years and thanks for ruining my night. Grienke, Damon, Beltran, etc, etc, etc, it's been a lot of years of KC's free agents going on to play elsewhere while. I'd love to see them sign a couple that stay their whole careers with the Royals ala George Brett, but unfortunately those days are long gone throughout the league. Keystonepaul

·
6,450 Posts

dont wanna burst your bubble keystone iv been saying the same thing about my team for 19 years..... but i still believe!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts