The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as tonight was my future mother in laws birthday, we went to their house to make dinner, as we pulled in the driveway the headlights shined into the food plot i planted with frigid forage and there were 9 does in the plot, after making the first bend in the driveway, there were 8 more behind the house in the clover patch i planted and one giant 10 pointer, so its looking like a few survived.....

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
If we actually get some snow, it will be an easy way to get out and see what is left by looking for tracks near feeding areas.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
TusseyMtMan said:
If we actually get some snow, it will be an easy way to get out and see what is left by looking for tracks near feeding areas.
I prefer to follow them to their bedding areas. Last year the weather killed me in my plan.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
It sounds like your marrying well, Its always a good thing to marry a women who's family has propery.

·
Banned
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yeah its an awesome family, we are all alike, theres 6 acres at the house, 4 acres at the log cabin we are moving into, 14 acres up the road, and 24 acres that borders the gap, saw 7 this morning while moving a stand, in 3 days ive got 194 trail cam pics cant wait to be done with work tomorrow to check the camera!

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Still plenty around, I saw 18 deer 2 days ago in a field near my house with two legal bucks in the herd.

·
Registered
108 Posts
teamkeystone said:
as tonight was my future mother in laws birthday, we went to their house to make dinner, as we pulled in the driveway the headlights shined into the food plot i planted with frigid forage and there were 9 does in the plot, after making the first bend in the driveway, there were 8 more behind the house in the clover patch i planted and one giant 10 pointer, so its looking like a few survived.....
What seed from frigid forage did you use? I was looking into planting some of their stuff next year.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Yeah there's obviously no deer left. I've left my parents house in 5B twice in the last two days, and have seen over 40 deer including 5 legal bucks during daylight hours while running errands. Many of them were in the middle of the day out browsing. Ran a trail cam on a property I didnt get to hunt this year here in 5B. It gets hammered in gun season and so do the surrounding properties. Had it out for 3 days in the corner of a cut cornfield. There were 2 legal but small bucks and a doe in the cornfield at 11am when I got there to get the camera, and I got 7 or 8 different does and a small buck on camera in 3 days of natural movement. No deer left...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts