The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/wh-releases-photo-obama-shooting-gun_699234.html couple of questions about the picture in the link(Can't post the picture) Why is there a stream of smoke behind the muzzle? I understand a muzzle brake but never saw one only on one side?? is that the way it is in shotgun or what? The form of the shooter, is the stock a little high on the sholder or is it just me? any of you shoot with the gun high on the shoulder like that?

·
Registered
173 Posts
It is because he is swinging the gun and the camera angle that the smoke appears this way. The gun is high because he is very tall and the stock is not fitted for him. This shotgun tends to rest high on the shoulder. It does appear he has little experience shooting and his legs are not bent taking the recoil and allowing him a natural swing. It all really proves nothing. p.s. from the view at MT. Fuji

·
Registered
9 Posts
It looks to me like the stock, trigger pull, is to short for him. Height really doesn't matter that much it's more arm length.
I believe the smoke out the side is from the barrel being ported. There isn't a steady enough "stream" of smoke to be swinging.
He is upright, but that is all shooters choice, I am very upright when I shoot. It it all positioning. Fundamentals are only 5 to 7 percent of shooting, the rest is mental.
Some shooters use a high shoulder mount. It depends on if the comb is adjustable as well as other factors. Not that I am a fan of the fella in the picture, but he needs to do this more!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One would thing that ,if the president of the U.S.A. was going "to shoot skeet all the time" the gun would fit better, He doesn't look this out of place on the golf course does he??

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
The current POTUS is as much of a shooter as I am an ice skater.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Mike, I bet you could pull of a Butterfly Jump better then our Pres hits targets!

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I know I could do one of those Triple Klutz maneuvers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts