The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys this was a bad idea. Don't try this.
Thanks to Darkhollowarcher for bringing it to my attention! We are all here to learn.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Re: A new way to unload

I just cut a broken bolt down about 4 inches from the nock end and put it in the xbow. I then use the method that the excaliber users use to un cock the bow with the rope cocker.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Copperhead said:
I just cut a broken bolt down about 4 inches from the nock end and put it in the xbow. I then use the method that the excaliber users use to un cock the bow with the rope cocker.
I watched a demonstration where they did that. The rope cocker as well as the bow....literally exploded. It is very dangerous to uncock a compound crossbow using that method. JMHO

·
Registered
18,422 Posts

Rope cocker is VERY easy and simplistic for me even with the #225 Equinox. NO problem.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Beagler,
Yes for the Excalibur it's a cinch. Just don't use it on a high end compound.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

OK. I've learned something and want to pass it on. Darkhollowarcher P.M.'ed me and explained that he has tried this. It seems the impact had ruined his shafts and cracked them. This too is not safe. So, if anyone here thought of trying my method....please don't.
I personally haven't seen them crack yet....but if the possibility exists...it's not worth it.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts

I don't have a X-bow yet, but I have a friend who has one. From his comments, and from what I've read here, I think I'd just shoot a bolt into the ground.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts

Cross bows, can be dangerous, i use to work in a store that sold them, and saw many customers, with fingers or parts of fingers missing...what ever you do, keep your fingers,hands, away from the string and rail,ALL THE TIME...

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
one of the major factors i bought an excalibur recurve crossbow....the simple ease of them.........bob

·
Registered
653 Posts

Callmaker60 said:
Cross bows, can be dangerous, i use to work in a store that sold them, and saw many customers, with fingers or parts of fingers missing...what ever you do, keep your fingers,hands, away from the string and rail,ALL THE TIME...
It just stings you a little...
had it happen to me a acouple of times with the very tip of my thumb... you know it right away!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts