The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to take a quick moment and pay some tribute to my father in law who sadly passed away in February. I am currently 24 years old and started dating his daughter in the 8th grade, he was like a father to me. I have never met a man more devoted to the outdoors and has taught me a lot of valuable lessons in life. My wife and I hunted with him every season possible until he unexpected passed away this year.
So I ask of you this; life is too short and many of you might not realize the kind of impact you have on other people whether it be your children, close relatives or friends. This hunting season as you make your first steps into the woods please take a moment and breathe it all in and live every moment to the fullest. We never know how much time we have left on this planet.

In Loving Memory of Kenneth Barlet, Columbia County PA

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
Adam , you got it.

There will be many times this Saturday whileon in stand I will be looking up and remebering some from my past..I will add Kenneth Barlet to that list, sounds like a great man many of us got cheated out of meeting.

God Bless you, very sorry for your loss, HUNT TO MAKE HIM PROUD! I kneel and pray before every hunt when i enter the woods..I am guessing you will be doing the same.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Adam,
I always say a thanks and prayer first thing in the stand.A moment of reflection of your loss will be included in those prayers.Carry on the great tradition to honor his memory.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
adam,

very well said. everyone needs to take a step back from now and then and look at the big picture. i think back to some loved ones who are now gone and realize how big an effect they did have. you may not realize it at the time but down the road you will. good luck to you this season and in the future.

·
Registered
895 Posts
for me there's big magic in prayers during those times in the woods, im always asking for help from my hunters in heaven .sorry for you loss thanks for your post.he will be listening for sure.god bless

1 - 9 of 9 Posts