The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HPA...my first post...just getting back into hunting again. I do drill site planning and pretty much ride/race a bicycle/diet/train every living moment 10 months out of the year...so in my off season I have decided to kick back, pick up a Brittany puppy and work/train her. It has really lead me back into an old love, hunting. I haven't really hunted since I was a Jr. hunter 8-9 years ago...really have been enjoying the last month!

Here are a few shots from a small game outing today 1/5/12 and a few others from about 2 weeks ago when the snow was starting to fall.
Thanks for reading!
Enoy.

Early morning Gray Squirrel. I had actually shot another Gray prior to this guy, but it became stuck up in the top of the tree and a bird came in and swiped it right out of the tree...couldn't believe my eyes!

Went back out of a late day hunt and pushed out a hand full of rabbits...shot at 2...hit one

Sunset was great looking on the trek back to the car:

Some pre/post Christmas hunting shots
Nice food plot corn field, pushed a few deer out of here as well as 3 pheasants over the last 3 weeks

Fresh Frosting

1st Harvest in almost a decade

Walked up on a Doe...paid me no mind for the most part

Last Day of Pheasant

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looks like you have been having a good time. Welcome to HPA! I have been on here a few months. The people on here are are a great group. I have learned a lot from here. You ever want to get out and hunt with someone let me know I am from bridgeville and hunt out in 2a most of the time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the posts guys! pumped to have something to share on here. All the photos were from SGL 297 in Washington County
I hunt there or at my Dad's farm in Amity when ever I can

Also made it up to McKean County this weekend and managed to get a grouse and flush a few others...photo is posted in the 2012/13 success thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts