The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching some hunting shows on Dish yesterday and everytime the hunter was talking they would shoot the side of his head or come from some stupid other angle,heck sometimes he'd not even be looking at the camera,is this some new trend for filming?Because if it is it [censored].Film the guy talking from head on not from all these stupid angles,about drove me insane trying to watch this,was he talking to the audience or someone off set?As was once said in a family guy episode "This really grinds my gears"

·
Banned
4,532 Posts
Don't feel bad, I can't stand the whispering, you can't hear half of what they say.......

John

·
Registered
868 Posts
Do you remember when they would blur either side of the screen?? Drove me nuts and I stopped watching Realtree as a result. It lasted for a season or two then was canned.

Mark

·
Registered
20,581 Posts
As long as they have Underarmor beanies, Arctic Shield clothes, stand on a Summit treestand, use Mathews bows with Whisker Bisquit rests, and Beman arrows with Rage broadheads, I think they've gotten their main point across. Doesn't matter what they're whispering. Or even what they're doing.

·
Registered
12,195 Posts
They get confused with the golf channel. It's a 10 yard put, rolling right to left against the grain of the grass with the baromoter at 90% and someone in the crowd chewing Jucy-fruit gum....

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
DIYASUB said:
Why do they keep whispering after the deer is down?

Because they have read your story of shooting that 30 point buck & having to bobsled down the mountain on it in 10 foot of snow to get away from the mtn. lion.

They are afraid if they talk above a whisper, a mtn. lion might hear them & come sneaking in and they will have to bobsled up hill on the deer's back in grass to get away from it!

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
richbat said:
I was watching some hunting shows on Dish yesterday and everytime the hunter was talking they would shoot the side of his head or come from some stupid other angle,heck sometimes he'd not even be looking at the camera,is this some new trend for filming?Because if it is it [censored].Film the guy talking from head on not from all these stupid angles,about drove me insane trying to watch this,was he talking to the audience or someone off set?As was once said in a family guy episode "This really grinds my gears"
Don't hold back . . . tell us how you really feel. The thing that always bothers me is how they always stage it to seem like it is the last day of the hunt . . . and the are leaving in 1 hour!

·
Super Moderator
26,949 Posts
What I don't get about the whispering, is that it is usually dubbed in later.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
oilcrk said:
My favorite is one guy in full camo 2 others in white shits or /& 3 trackers in blue jump suits....
howed this get by the censor? "in white *****"

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
BcozHunter said:
What I don't get about the whispering, is that it is usually dubbed in later.
Because timberdoodle is sleeping. shhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts