The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes without closing things down would of been worse, how much worse hard to say. Think of being in a city commuting to work or working in offices for 8 hours with hundreds of people. In rural areas might not of made much difference. How anyone thinks its fake ask a nurse or Dr. that worked in an affected area. Pretty ignorant thing to say
Hey couz, read my post again. I didn't say we should not have taken precautions (masks, hand sanitizer) because they are proven to work. If we had started doing that from the get go, we wouldn't have needed to ruin businesses and people's lives with a needless shutdown. But I guess I'm being "ignorant" now, aren't I?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey couz, read my post again. I didn't say we should not have taken precautions (masks, hand sanitizer) because they are proven to work. If we had started doing that from the get go, we wouldn't have needed to ruin businesses and people's lives with a needless shutdown. But I guess I'm being "ignorant" now, aren't I?
my point is did any other countries not shut down? its's not like the US is the only country to shut down. So I guess the answer is no, no we couldn't of controlled of it without social distancing and a shut down. The ignorant part is calling it a hoax. If it didn't directly affect you or a loved one, must not be real. calling it a hoax is ignorant

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
With contact tracing and everyone having cell phones in their pocket at all times, my thoughts are say goodbye to personal privacy.
Not quite everyone. Any one that wants their privacy, like I sure do, just pop the battery out of that thing and drop it in a drawer. Problem solved. We don't need cell phones. We lived fine without them. We are being conditioned to think we need them. And more and more of whet we do, banking, bill paying etc. are done on that phone. If we cant see how advantagous this is for a government that wants total control then we are kidding ourselves.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
my point is did any other countries not shut down? its's not like the US is the only country to shut down. So I guess the answer is no, no we couldn't of controlled of it without social distancing and a shut down.
South Korea never really shut down. I believe they had about 300 deaths.

As Sojourner said, if taken seriously from the get go, a total shutdown could have been avoided. South Korea took it seriously from the start and implemented mitigation measures. The US didn't, and had to shutdown. A shutdown I believe was initially needed to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed, but was allowed to drag on for way too long for political reasons.

As far as the virus being a hoax. No, no way. I don't believe that for a second. Worse thing to hit the US in over 100 years.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not quite everyone. Any one that wants their privacy, like I sure do, just pop the battery out of that thing and drop it in a drawer. Problem solved. We don't need cell phones. We lived fine without them. We are being conditioned to think we need them. And more and more of whet we do, banking, bill paying etc. are done on that phone. If we cant see how advantagous this is for a government that wants total control then we are kidding ourselves.
IF you can remove the battery. Hard to do on most smartphones, which is all but the only option anymore. I haven’t seen a flip phone for sale in gawd knows how long, and even prepaid tracphone ones are getting rare

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
IF you can remove the battery. Hard to do on most smartphones, which is all but the only option anymore. I haven’t seen a flip phone for sale in gawd knows how long, and even prepaid tracphone ones are getting rare
Plenty of flips still on the market. See Amazon

·
Registered
282 Posts
Plenty of flips still on the market. See Amazon
I don’t shop/support amazon.

biggest problem I have is most flips don’t allow tethering for internet and I use that or smartphone to access everything online these days. I dont have an ISP and haven’t in years. Cheaper just to pay one bill every month vs 3 to do the same things. So yes it’s a double edged sword.

solution? Leave it at home when not absolutely necessary to have

·
Registered
222 Posts
South Korea never really shut down. I believe they had about 300 deaths.

As Sojourner said, if taken seriously from the get go, a total shutdown could have been avoided. South Korea took it seriously from the start and implemented mitigation measures. The US didn't, and had to shutdown. A shutdown I believe was initially needed to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed, but was allowed to drag on for way too long for political reasons.

As far as the virus being a hoax. No, no way. I don't believe that for a second. Worse thing to hit the US in over 100 years.
Yes i agree a shut down in US was needed. But not for as long and maybe not even in rural areas. Well see what happens in the fall, if it comes back worse, or even comes back at all. Well see then if were prepared if a shut down is needed. I don't think will come back well hoping it doesn't anyway

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
I often wonder this exact question. We will never know if what we did had a measurable impact or not. If you simply go by what “experts” assumed would be the outcome the answer is yes what we did have a huge impact. I however do not know that I believe the numbers. To say we didn’t slow things down would be stupid but how big of an impact did it really have ??? We will never know.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Boomer logic at its finest. Putting the almighty paycheck above the lives of our neighbors. I can't even begin to wrap my head around how selfish of a mindset you must have.

I don't wear a mask in public for my benefit. I'm young, in shape and healthy. If I happen to contract the virus I'll likely pull through just fine but I end up scratching my head every time I leave the house. It isn't my generation that's at risk but yet, I see the largest amount of precautions being taken by the youngest adults. I feel sorry for anyone's family that feels that this virus is a hoax.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I do not think we are being intentionally deceived but politics is an issue.
I do believe we are being intentionally deceived, and yes, for political aims...
It's hard NOT to believe so, when you personally know someone with a history of cardiac arrhythmia that died of an obvious heart attack, but the COD listed on his death cert was Covid-19, all because he complained "I can't breathe" before dying in the ambulance en-route to the hospital.
No positive test results, family still can't confirm that he was even tested for it, and hasn't been able to get the certificate "corrected." Hasn't been able to have a proper funeral either...

And as Bohunr mentioned, it's rather ironic (or coincidental?) that most disconcerting numbers all come from D-controlled states that had the "strongest" (or most draconian) responses.
Since those efforts took place prior to the alleged "spikes" (cases and deaths) in the respective states, it's reasonable to question both their effectiveness AND purpose, as they are so "slow" to open up.

Factor in the "selective" nature of how the "lockdowns" were decreed and enforced from the beginning, how they are "selectively" being lifted, complete with arbitrary and moving goal-posts, one is left to wonder if this was either the greatest example mass incompetence followed by ham-fisted coverup of said incompetence, or a deliberate action plan.
I believe the latter.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Boomer logic at its finest. Putting the almighty paycheck above the lives of our neighbors. I can't even begin to wrap my head around how selfish of a mindset you must have.

I don't wear a mask in public for my benefit. I'm young, in shape and healthy. If I happen to contract the virus I'll likely pull through just fine but I end up scratching my head every time I leave the house. It isn't my generation that's at risk but yet, I see the largest amount of precautions being taken by the youngest adults. I feel sorry for anyone's family that feels that this virus is a hoax.
Misuse of the term "boomer"...

Baby Boomers technically are in the demographic most likely to be "at risk" from the Kung Flu.

Quit it with the moral superiority trick.... Are you willing to sacrifice your savings, your job, the business you started, your employees livelihoods, for the unquantified and unproven "possibility" of "maybe" "saving a life"? Answer that seriously.

Could it be, perhaps, that the younger demographic (I'm 46 btw) is more likely to have fallen for the mass propaganda and group-think campaign "Stay Home, Stay Safe, Save a Life" nonsense, than, say, a 50 or 60 year old that was raised prior to schools becoming indoctrination centers? You know, back when critical thinking skills were still taught and encouraged?

·
Registered
10,425 Posts
The general consensus is that shutting down the country saved lives but we really do not know what would have happened if we had not shut down. The death toll could have gone either way. We'll never know for sure but we should study the statistics from countries that did not shut down.

·
Registered
16,370 Posts
true story..i kid you not. they are taking raw sewage samples and testing them for traces of covid-19. the first round of tests here in Erie supposedly indicate we have as many as 20,000 cases of covid-19, the health dept says we have 542....i think this is all crap

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
true story..i kid you not. they are taking raw sewage samples and testing them for traces of covid-19. the first round of tests here in Erie supposedly indicate we have as many as 20,000 cases of covid-19, the health dept says we have 542....i think this is all crap

I watched that and found the info very interesting. It goes to show just how many people have it and how it either is not making them sick or not very sick to the point of going to the hospital or dying like the MSM would like everyone to believe that contacts it. That info will back fire in their face and they will stop using it.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
my point is did any other countries not shut down? its's not like the US is the only country to shut down. So I guess the answer is no, no we couldn't of controlled of it without social distancing and a shut down. The ignorant part is calling it a hoax. If it didn't directly affect you or a loved one, must not be real. calling it a hoax is ignorant
Well I qualify as a baby boomer, aged 72 years, born 1948. I am not motivated by fear. Here in Carbon County the death meter hasn't moved in 2 weeks, despite more cases. What does that tell you?
Hoax Synonyms: Verb

·
Registered
13,125 Posts
With bassblasters logic, we need to shut down all roads immediately. Someone could get killed while driving, no?

Those in charge of the shutdown were also the ones who sent positive cases to nursing homes. Yeah, we should listen to those genuises......

As far as if it's real, it absoutly is. I have a friend who works in a nursing home where they lost 16 of 80 some residents, so I have no doubt it can be deadly to those "at risk." We can and should have done a better job protecting those folks and let the rest of the "low risk" population decide for themselves exactly how to proceed. Forcing financial hardship on the general population was not nessessary to deal with something that wouldn't affect the vast majority of us.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
With bassblasters logic, we need to shut down all roads immediately. Someone could get killed while driving, no?

Those in charge of the shutdown were also the ones who sent positive cases to nursing homes. Yeah, we should listen to those genuises......

As far as if it's real, it absoutly is. I have a friend who works in a nursing home where they lost 16 of 80 some residents, so I have no doubt it can be deadly to those "at risk." We can and should have done a better job protecting those folks and let the rest of the "low risk" population decide for themselves exactly how to proceed. Forcing financial hardship on the general population was not nessessary to deal with something that wouldn't affect the vast majority of us.
Yep(y)(y)

21 - 40 of 79 Posts