The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering today, if the governments had not ordered any shutdowns, had a mask order been timely, if people who got sick were told to go to a hospital, would there have been any more deaths than reported now.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I was wondering today, if the governments had not ordered any shutdowns, had a mask order been timely, if people who got sick were told to go to a hospital, would there have been any more deaths than reported now.
Depends who you ask? If you ask Dr Fauci it would be in the millions of casualties. If you ask Gov Wolf, it would be in the 10's of millions. If you ask Gov Cuomo it would be his entire city dead. After all, they call the shots so they sure as heck aren't going to admit to overreacting.

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
Depends who you ask? If you ask Dr Fauci it would be in the millions of casualties. If you ask Gov Wolf, it would be in the 10's of millions. If you ask Gov Cuomo it would be his entire city dead. After all, they call the shots so they sure as heck aren't going to admit to overreacting.
So true! But Fauci has been flip flopping like a flag in a gale. He has constantly contradicted himself. So what is the truth?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Well, one way to answer the question, OP, is to look at this:

Those rates by age group work out to 1/10 or less of what we lose to just Heart Disease in PA each year... 1/5th of the cancer rates... 1/2 the stroke rates... and about equal to the "traditional flu" rates.

Now take into account that over half those deaths were the result of spiking the Nursing Homes with active covid cases....

The answer is: Had we not locked down, AND not spiked the nursing homes, we'd likely have HALF as many deaths as currently being attributed to Covid-19...

It's a SCAMDEMIC.

·
Registered
286 Posts
There was a news story I read (take it with a grain of salt, it is the media) that basically stated the numbers for nursing homes and whatnot were incorrect and overinflated, and that the staff of some of these places were contesting how bad it actually was

and with buzzwords being thrown around like “unprecedented time”, they seem to forget the influenza pandemic of 1918, smallpox pandemic, and all the other historical pandemics we’ve seen...

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
So what is the truth? Just mine, my families and many people I know and work with, figuring the numbers of deaths that have been reported from the "virus" have been greatly misreported, we feel it has been the biggest hoax and power grab of our life time. The MSM keeps pounding it, in hopes of driving this country into the ground to the point of no return. That's just our opinion!

·
Registered
286 Posts
It certainly did wonders for the GIS industry and tech industry. Esri is booming right now. With contact tracing and everyone having cell phones in their pocket at all times, my thoughts are say goodbye to personal privacy.

coupled with facial recognition software, targeted ads, etc privacy has been declining for years. This is just another death spike in the coffin.

·
Registered
16,412 Posts
i read an article the other day about the figures here in PA and how messed up they are. the states figures dont match what the counties have reported. the state cant say for certain how they got their numbers. at one point Erie county reported 3 deaths, the state said we had 4 and no one in the county health department, coroner, or the hospitals could account for the 4th death.
all this needs to be investigated and exposed. i bet all the discrepancies come from states run by Demonrats !!

·
Registered
16,412 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yes without closing things down would of been worse, how much worse hard to say. Think of being in a city commuting to work or working in offices for 8 hours with hundreds of people. In rural areas might not of made much difference. How anyone thinks its fake ask a nurse or Dr. that worked in an affected area. Pretty ignorant thing to say

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yes without closing things down would of been worse, how much worse hard to say. Think of being in a city commuting to work or working in offices for 8 hours with hundreds of people. In rural areas might not of made much difference. How anyone thinks its fake ask a nurse or Dr. that worked in an affected area. Pretty ignorant thing to say
Personally I don’t argue that the virus exists, as I know someone who had/has it and was the first confirmed case in Clearfield co. Also going by what my dr’s have said during appointments with them thru this entire ordeal.

my question is with the numbers and how overinflated they actually are, along with how it was handled. Based on what my dr’s say we should have been on top of this sooner (in December) When we first found out about it, and if we had there wouldn’t have been need for a shut down.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Were any other countries ahead of it and not have to shut down? None that im aware of but other countries were way more prepared then us with masks, test and tracing and had minimal cases, but still did shut down. Australia seems to have handled it the best.

·
Registered
483 Posts
There would have been more deaths without the shutdown but nothing near the original estimate of 2 million deaths. We were also told that up to 50% of Americans would be infected. It's still <1% nationally and still <1% in Pennsylvania infected. Without a shutdown I still doubt it gets anywhere close to 50% infected. The trade-off of lives vs. economic damage has to be evaluated. We could cut the number of flu deaths each year with a shutdown each flu season but everyone knows that can't be done.

·
Registered
21,954 Posts
I read the other day that there is only 3 states that have steadily declining cases of Covid-19.
The rest are increases and some states spiking considerably.
Since PA is one of the 3 states with declining cases one would think we did something right.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I read the other day that there is only 3 states that have steadily declining cases of Covid-19.
Since PA is one of the 3 states with declining cases one would think we did something right.
Meaningless without also citing tests per day/week, hospitalizations, deaths, etc...
"Cases" is a useless term without context.
"Increasing" is also meaningless when there's no context.
Are they sick? Very sick? Hospitalized? On a ventilator? Asymptomatic positive?

·
Registered
16,412 Posts
not really

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
Meaningless without also citing tests per day/week, hospitalizations, deaths, etc...
"Cases" is a useless term without context.
"Increasing" is also meaningless when there's no context.
Are they sick? Very sick? Hospitalized? On a ventilator? Asymptomatic positive?
Your right it is all meaningless because we do not have all the necessary data to make an accurate evaluation. We have what is being fed to us. The info is not complete, not accurate and not organized in a meaningful manner.

I do not think we are being intentionally deceived but politics is an issue. I do think the people gathering the data are not asking or answering all the pertinent questions and they are not publishing their results in a uniform report. It seems each state is using different reporting criteria.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts