The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago,i had a shop and a fellow hung out ,once in a while. We talked often and he had poor luck as a deer hunter. I ask him if he would like to go with me and my boys? Heck yes he says.
The first day of buck he saw nothing. The second day he missed a buck. He couldn't go the next day he had to work. He had a doe license so i said come with us the first day. I got an OK!
He brings down a doe. His first deer in a long time and he was shaking!
We get home and he says "WHY DON'T YOU AND YOUR WIFE COME OVER SUNDAY FOR SUPPER?" Well,heck yes we come!!
We get there and go in. The table is set and in a little while its time to eat. I hear a big dog in his basment and he says"I DON"T LEAVE HIM UP HERE WHILE WE ARE EATING!" That's good.
We finish up and talk a little while and We try to help clean off the table?
The plates won't move??
Oh,he says they are attached to the table!!!!
Well,me being me,i ask why are they stuck on there?
It is so when we leave the dog up,he can lick the plates clean with out knocking them on the floor and braking them and we don't have to wash them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We left there pretty fast and went home to fight off puking and to do the tooth brush and gargle thing.
We only go to relatives,no days ,for diners.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Ha ha! Sounds like the old Cold Water joke? Guy gets asked to stay for supper and asks are these dishes clean? Answer is, "as clean as cold water can get them." When done he calls his dog named Cold Water!

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
If he lived in Flint Michigan, doggy cleaned might be a viable alternative!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts