The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This past Saturday happened to be one of the most memorable hunting experiences I have had in quite some time. I started the morning out by sticking a decent 6 point with the bow. He came in to the grunt call at 7:00am. I was a little nervous about the shot because he took a half step forward after i released the arrow and I hit him farther back then I wanted. SO I figured it would be best to give the buck a few hours before tracking. So i figured I would go back to the house and grab the gun and try my luck for turkey. It wasnt 15 minnutes after leaveing my house before i ran into a flock of 20+ hens so I got lucky there i guess! by the time I got back to my house with my bird I waited about 3 hours before tracking the buck. I ended up finding the buck piled up 150 yards away from my stand. Then My girlfriend Heather was excited to hear that I broke up a flock of birds so she came over to try her luck. We set up on the birds twice before we were abble to connect with one, but finally she made a awesome 60 yard shot with my 22-250 on a nice hen. This was her first ever kill on her 2nd day ever hunting in her life. Before we started dating I never thought I would get her into hunting. But I am proud to say I think i have her hooked for life! what a great day!

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
And I thought I was good getting my buck and turkey in the
same week lol! Congrats to the both of you, that is awesome!
She's definately a keeper, best of luck to you two in the
future!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everyone, and yeah she is a keeper for sure! now since i dont have a buck tag ill be sittin next to her in the deer stand hopefully watchin her shoot her first buck come rifle season, and maybe next year she will have a bow in her hand!

·
Registered
162 Posts
great story and a great hunt. that young lady looks like a keeper. my wife been hunting with me for thirty years now and it never gets old.

·
Registered
118 Posts
bill i cant believe you let her shoot that.you never take your roomate out and let him shoot.(JM) good luck in buck season heather.hope bill puts you on a nice one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts