The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is a decent coat to get for working around the house ,car, scouting, if its gets dirty not a big deal i've had carhartts in the past and am looking to get another one dont really care for the hooded ones thanks

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
For non-hunting outdoor work? Hard to beat the heavy lined duck canvas carharts. rugged stuff. That canvas ins't want I would wear to stalk deer.

I have the heavy duck carhart with the corduroy collar, also the lined bib overalls. I have a fleece hood that I wear sometimes with a ski mask. I can be out mending fences in 0 degree 20mph wind and still be comfortable, except for the parts of the exposed face. On the farm, It is often necessary to be out working for several hours in such conditions. Many years ago, I had a real shearling coat, fleece inside and leather out, made for working out doors. It wasn't cheap and I wore the heck out of it. I had it for several years and it served me well. Don't recall the brand and doubt you could find a real shearling made for outdoor work today. It was the type of thing the Marlboro man would have worn in a blizzard.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys and you loggy just ordered the sandstone arctic traditional duck in moss color plus got an extra 20 bucks off for over $100 thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts