The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few tree/shrub plantings:

Rare concordia oak, native only to Missouri. Planted this spring from a bare root seedling.

An american chestnut planted from seed this spring. The seed came from the ACF and is one their advanced crosses with the chinease chestnut. These chestnuts are very fast growers.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "Barn"

Our newest shooting house built last summer but not finished yet.

Clover plot in front of the shooting house above.

Doe and fawn in high grass on reclaimed strip mine.

Shooting house #1 built in '96.

A nice view of what we call the gob pile.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These pics were taken on 7/17.

A rather vigerous arrowood plant from the Howard Nursery. It's already out of a 4 foot tube. That's my dog Zoe.

American Hazelnut

Allegheny Chinkapin

Various shrub plantings

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A brassica planting that we did yesterday. I had planned on taking more pictures yesterday but we were way late getting things done due to some technical difficulties so the picture taking go axed.

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
Neat pics and nice looking property.
Thanks for sharing.
Do the deer hit your clover much?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
threeinchmag said:
Do the deer hit your clover much?
They were earlier in the summer but don't seem to be hitting it as much now. I have a trail cam on one and I'm not getting a ton of deer pics. More turkeys than anything. They seem to hit it more as fall approaches though.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Bake545- i have a question for you. the picture of the unfinished shooting house show a couple of longer joists with a small structure (box with a roof) hanging off the side. what is the little box for?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Farflung said:
Bake545- i have a question for you. the picture of the unfinished shooting house show a couple of longer joists with a small structure (box with a roof) hanging off the side. what is the little box for?
That's where you store the propane tanks for the wall mounted heater

1 - 20 of 30 Posts