The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys and gals give me a crash course on volume control for predator hunting? I have a Johny Stewart Predator 2 call. I assumed the loudest volume for it would be plenty, but reading some recent posts, I think it might not. In my limited experience, I would have assumed the call I have on the loudest volume would be way too loud for calm, silent nights. However, I was going to use it full volume in a bit of wind or background noise.

Another portion of my question refers to the Spitfire vs. the Wildfire from Foxpro. What are some of the major differences in the two calls?

My last portion of my quesiton regards my new Bluetooth speaker. I bought a bluetooth speaker (HMDX Jam Speaker) that has similar volume capability of my Johny Stewart PT 2 call. It might be a touch quieter. Should I return it and buy something louder?

Sorry for the confusing questions, but I really don't have a good sense of how loud is too loud or how quiet is too quiet.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I used the johnny stewert predator 2 call when i first started. The loudest setting is plenty for light wind, or calm night. Ive called foxes from 400 yrds with it. For windier nights, you might want to get an amplified external speaker for it. Now for you second question. The difference between the spitfire and the wildfire 2 is, the wildfire comes with 35 programmed calls, ability to hold 200, and has the foxbang feature, also has a better remote. The spitfire comes with 25 calls and thats all it holds. Both are great calls, but since both are the same price, id pick the wildfire 2. Sorry i have nothin for the bluetooth question. Hope this helps, and best of luck to you.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have one of those too, infact I got my first coyote at 3pm in the ANF 2 yrs ago with mine. HALF vol is plenty. if you call too loud you will halfto walk much further to set up if nothing shows. get the wildfire. with that call I never go above half vol anymore. I had been but I wasnt seeing anything loud is a bad thing. Play your call quieter than you would assume it should be, they can hear very well. I called a grey from over 300+ yards last night with a low volume call.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts