The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,186 Posts
Medic08 said:
Oh I was kidding for sure. Those a great for sure. They were very rare 20 years ago. But antler restrictions don't work you know.
Come on! They are not any more common today then 20 years ago. In fact there were more of them. I was killing nicer buck in the 90's then today. Plus I would see 25+ buck in archery season. Now it takes more then 5 years to see that many buck.
Our local buck paper tells the story well. The buck paper 15 + years ago had just as big a buck but a lot more of them. The last couple years has been sad. Nice bucks though in the pics!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shed Antler said:
Medic08 said:
Oh I was kidding for sure. Those a great for sure. They were very rare 20 years ago. But antler restrictions don't work you know.
Come on! They are not any more common today then 20 years ago. In fact there were more of them. I was killing nicer buck in the 90's then today. Plus I would see 25+ buck in archery season. Now it takes more then 5 years to see that many buck.
Our local buck paper tells the story well. The buck paper 15 + years ago had just as big a buck but a lot more of them. The last couple years has been sad. Nice bucks though in the pics!
In the areas that I hunt and hunted in the past they were very rare. Sure for instance on the rifle opener for buck you would see 100 deer and a dozen spikes and fork horns but very rarely would you run into anything more than a scrubby little 6 point. Sure there were nicer bucks around. Just no where near as many. That is my experience and sure others may be different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts