The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A popular stop on many peoples paths North, The Dew Drop Inn on RT 66 in Lucinda sustained heavy damage this morning due to a fire.

·
Registered
871 Posts
did the mean-looking turtle on the sign burn too?

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Hemry27 said:
did the mean-looking turtle on the sign burn too?

All kidding aside that stinks. The picture I saw only showed the roof and north side damaged.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
That's got to be about the third or four time it's burnt that I can remember in the last 20 years.

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
I wonder how many Dew Drop Inns there are in PA ? I know there was one in Manns Choice, Bedford County in the latter 70's.
Not sure if it's still there.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Wow we stop there all the time. We stop at Vince's now every Friday on the way up for deer season. All the guys from my camp stop there got lunch.

·
Registered
733 Posts
With all the times that place burned it would be more appropriate to be called the Fireside Inn.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Fleroo said:
I wonder how many Dew Drop Inns there are in PA ? I know there was one in Manns Choice, Bedford County in the latter 70's.
Not sure if it's still there.
Natrona Heights....

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
There still is one in Chicora and the odd thing is it has burnt atleast once, maybe twice.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
There was one just west of Emmaus on Rt 29 when I was a kid. It was where Herbein's Garden Center is now.

·
Banned
344 Posts
yeah the one in chicora burnt years ago. Then he moved up the road and started to rebuild and it burnt before he had it opened. It is open again.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Spent a few nights in the old Dew Drop in Chicora in the 1970s and 80s. One night we walked in the door and heard some thumping in the back room. Looked back and 2 guys were beating there heads against the wall. Had a lot of good times in them small country bars. Never been in the new Dew Drop.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts