The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
HPA Admin Approved Vendor
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working on some pics for a photo contest entry this spring and will be posting some over time to get opinions.
Whats your thoughts on this one? The category I am entering is digital photo art.

Thanks

Griz

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I like it Griz. Is the entire image enhanced or just the perimeter? What is the primary focus of digital photo art (i.e., what are you being judged on?)?

·
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Zimmer, they judge composition and uniqueness in the presentation based on the wildlife theme.
It's a tough crowd and there are many Pro's who enter these things so I need to come up with something they cannot. That all starts with a better than average photo that they don't have. I do have a few squirreled away from this year that I know could be winners or at the very least sell for a magazine cover or two.
The orginal deer image was not enhanced only the framing.

Griz

·
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
geesekiller, thanks I'll probably need it. But I've never been one to be intimidated by the size or amount of someone else's toys and am a little too old to change now.

According to several Pro wildlife photographers I know judges now look for the new perspective on things when judging many of these contests. Rather than the standard calendar type photos they have seen time and time again they look for one that is imaginative and catches there eye.
From the winners at contest's I have studied last year this is now the trend.
Come up with a good shot compose it in a new and unusual way and you will have a winner, that is what I was told by a friend whose one of the best in the business and he makes a heck of a living selling his work. Right place right time has an awful lot to do with it because that good shot has to be captured first.

What the heck though give it a shot, what the devil do ya have to lose. I'm having so much fun doing this that I just jumped in with both feet and bought a Canon L series 70-200 2.8 IS lens.
mannsbest friend, thank you that's the effect I was trying to get your the first one to catch that.

Griz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts