The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few things are as irritating as having someone set up near you in archery season.

To prevent this, simply drop the tailgate and open the doors of the dog box...

Even the most dedicated spot stealer will decide deer hunting is ruined and move along.

I suppose non dog owners could make a dog box out of an appliance box with similar effect.

Good Luck.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Doesn't seem to matter for me....I did it all season...not for that reason...but the dog box is always in the truck and usually leave the door opening the dog ain't in it....

I think they said "oh he's bird hunting the fields we'll go in the woods!".

Also had numerous bird and rabbit hunters come through while archery hunting and they parked next to me.....if I am coon hunting the last place I wanna hunt is next to another truck with a dog box in it.....I just don't think people care or think lol

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
That is the last thing you want to do is make someone think dogs are going to run all the deer out of the country when in fact they don't. We have enough trouble with archery hunters and our dogs without posting something like that. No they don't run all the deer out. It has been proven in studies and anyone who hunts dogs knows it. Unless you have dogs that actually run deer they have little effect on them.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clinton county.

I know the dogs don't run the deer out just as well as you.

If they thought that the deer were run out, they were going to think that anyway.

It has worked for me in the past and I see no harm in it, but I do value your opinion.

Good luck.
Brian

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Sorry,
I do all I can to keep people from thinking that and I know dog people know it but I run into some people in the woods who think that if someone turns a dog loose their deer hunting is over and all the deer are ran out. You are right though 90% of the non-dog people wouldn't believe you if you handed them a hundred page study and would still give us a hard time. We all know it because we have seen deer just stand up and watch as walk through. They never witnessed it and don't want to believe us. I didn't mean any harm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts