The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Yes that nine point is special, That's the kind of buck that gets you out of bed in the morning.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great bucks. Private or state?
All public land !

Bone it sure is !

I have a short story about him ! I have been getting him on cams for 3-4 yrs and he has really put on some mass this yr. Last year I put up a new Mellenium M7 stand for the other big buck I call hooks and the first day I only saw does and a couple small bucks then my buddy texted me about 9:45 and said he wasn't seeing anything and I said I hadn't seen anything for a couple hours and I was going to sit until 10 and then get down. As soon as I sent that text and looked up I heard a noise directly behind me and there was the big 9 at 80 yds coming my way. I got the camera around and on him and followed him into about 35 yds. He then stopped and turned broadside and was looking down into the woods where the doe and 2 yearlings were eating acorns. I grabbed my bow but could not get on him because of the small platform on the stand I couldn't get around the tree so I tried the other side and still couldn't get around it ! I then had to watch him walk straight away and never saw him again the rest of the year. I climbed out of the tree around noon and when I got home I went to show my wife the footage on my camera and here I come to find out I never hit the record button ! Maybe it will end differently this year !

Needless to say I sold that stand the next day and bought the M100U

1 - 9 of 9 Posts