The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Very proud of this young miss. Taydum is a family friend who wanted to deer hunt and having taken my buck in archery I said I would be happy to take her. Tay and I spent some time at the bench preseason and let me tell you this little girl can shoot. So with the gun dialed in we had a date for the opener. First day we saw three doe with no shots presented. We hunted the whole day except a hour lunch break and she kept her concentration all day. We hunted Tuesday till noon with no deer seen. Saturday morning we were back at it and had three more doe come thru ay 9:15 with again no shots. Around 10:00 I cought movement and saw a hint of bone. He came on the same trail as the doe did and Tay had the gun up and ready. This spot is really thick and he was in the middle of it when he got a little spooky, stopped and turned to go back where he came from. Lucky for Tay he stopped in a opening that exposed his chest and she took the shot. The buck took off and all was quiet. After waiting a half hour we started tracking and found him in 30 yards. Her smile tells the rest of the story. Congrats Taydum!

Attachments

·
Banned
2,324 Posts
Congrats to Taytum and kudos to you for introducing her to the sport, she will be hooked on hunting for life and always remember you and that hunt . Nice story thanks for sharing.....

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
That's a nice buck, big body too! Congrats to the young lady!

·
Super Moderator
3,847 Posts
Outstanding buck, congrats!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts