The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About time. If this gutter urchin worked for me or the company I worked for he would have been history a long time a go.. What a sloppy slug of an individual. Brain dead.

·
Registered
39,301 Posts
Funny thing is when the Steelers traded him a lot of people thought the Steelers took the bad end of the trade. Doesn't look so bad anymore.

The fact that they only got a third and a fifth round draft pick for him tells you how badly they wanted him gone. They also took a 21 million dollar cap hit in the deal.

·
Registered
16,497 Posts
i dont follow football or any pro sport for that matter. from what my son told me, Browns behavior problems started after he got a bad concussion about two years ago.
if this is true he needs a complete check up with a head MRI to look for a tumor or anything that might be causing this other than the concussion. its been all over the news how the NFL ignores concussion injuries. a check up might save his life.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Brown orchaestrated it all along. He didn't want to go to the Raiders. If I had any respect for him, it's completely gone.

Apparently he contacted social media consultants on how he could facilitate his release from the Raiders.
To bad Tomlin did not go with him. Lack of discipline accepted by the head coach. A sure path to problems, lack of scuess. Ahhhh the Rooney rule. Team will loose face if they let Tomlin go. Wrong, lost of smart young minority coaches out there, let's give one a try. Coaches need to be judged more like kickers. Performance counts.

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
To bad Tomlin did not go with him. Lack of discipline accepted by the head coach. A sure path to problems, lack of scuess. Ahhhh the Rooney rule. Team will loose face if they let Tomlin go. Wrong, lost of smart young minority coaches out there, let's give one a try. Coaches need to be judged more like kickers. Performance counts.
say what you want about the Rooney rule, but your WAY wrong about this comment.

Do I like Tomlin - Nope
Does he have all kinds of problems - Yep

But judge them by performance???? Take Bill out of the equation and name me a coach that is better or has shown better performance? I will wait.

·
Registered
39,301 Posts
But judge them by performance???? Take Bill out of the equation and name me a coach that is better or has shown better performance? I will wait.
Andy Reed is the closest you can get and his record is not as good as Tomlin’s. Those three guys, Belichick, Tomlin and Reed are the longest serving active head coaches in the NFL. What does that tell you? As somebody with no dog in the hunt, I’d say Tomlin is a pretty good head coach.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Tomlin was handed a team that jump started his "record" Now that he has to build a team we see the issues. Records can be deceiving. How successful would he be if he was with another team for the same time period. Does anyone think he could have taken the Bengles, Browns, Bills or the jets to the playoffs? He is not a bad head coach but he is not as good as the Steelers made him look. JMHO Waugh!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts