The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished this one up tonight. Every year since 2006 I donate a knife to our local library for a fundraiser they do. Been fun to donate and several guys always try to win it. They do it as a raffle.

This year's knife has elk bolsters Womans tongue wood. Steel is O-1. Leather is lined with green deer skin and outside is wicket and Craig skirting. Carved oak leaf and basket weave stamping.

Hope everyone is out enjoying bear season and looking forward to deer season.

Ross

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Beautiful work.

How does O-1 compare to D-2 ? I have a Knives of Alaska in D-2 and it cuts everything like its going through butter.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beautiful work.

How does O-1 compare to D-2 ? I have a Knives of Alaska in D-2 and it cuts everything like its going through butter.
Thank you!

D2 has a reputation as a great knife steel. I never have used it though so I can't give you much data there. O1 has been around a long time and is used to make all kinds of tools . I use it because I can heat treat it at home and I can buy it precision ground which saves me some grinding.

Sounds like you have a knife that works well and you enjoy and that is what counts in my eyes

Ross

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Very nice work....

I know I would take a chance, (or 5), on winning that.....

·
Registered
388 Posts
good job there buddy!!!
Ya, D2 can be pretty versatile! I make some job specific blades for a group of construction workers and oil quench them. Super tough!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts