The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I was offered a cherry 95 3500 extended cab 8ft bed 4x4 dually with a 7.4 auto. 78k miles, one owner mint condition. No 5th wheel towed a 25 ft travel trailer to a river lot and a truck camper to hunt out in Colorado. Has a huge aftermarket trans cooler electric fan and external spin on filter. Amsoil bypass filter and only amsoil since break in period(owner was amsoil dealer) tires 60% nothing needed, interior exterior mint. All reciepts. $7000. Been looking for a ext/crew can 3/4 1 ton, I understand 8-10 mpg, but never had a Chevy. Good truck, too much $$$. Everything I find is beat up higher mileage but newer and big $$$. Your thoughts, thanks.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
That low of miles you should be good for a while. Check it out for rust everywhere. The gas mileage is going to be bad.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Sounds like a good deal for a lot of truck. You're right, they are asking big bucks for trucks with a lot of "hard" miles on them. If you look at the price of new trucks, 7,000, is like a down payment. I think the only question is, do you really need that much truck. If the answer is yes, then I would go for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts