The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Saturday is the opener for us in the 2B, 5C & 5D, I am excited but my 18 year old is very excited to get back out on opening day.
Last year his opening day was spoiled by a walker while he was about to draw down on a 10pt which he followed all summer long.
Same scenario this year with a good buck he has kept tabs on.
He has 2 stands and 2 ground blinds all in place.
Like any father, you always feel more accomplishment when your kids succeed more than you do yourself....
Good luck to all and remember to wear your safety harness's...

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I have three spots that I can hunt in 2B and haven't stepped foot on one of them this year. I will probably go Saturday afternoon to a spot that has a lot of white oaks. Actually the first day should be a great day to hunt with an expected cold front over the weekend and tons of acorns on the ground.

·
Registered
684 Posts
The weather looks great but I doubt I’ll be going out. I’ve got to many projects going right now. Good luck

·
Registered
990 Posts
i might be out, havent seen much on camera this year, and to top it all off my uncle decided to have guys come in and timber/clean up the dead stuff. What they did was clear the whole dang place out! Really disappointed because it was always so good because it was thick and the deer felt safe. Time will tell. If they clean up the mess they left i may throw some clover out and see if i can make a little kill plot.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Weather looks unbelievable. I’ll be out in the afternoon.

Never been an early season guy, but I’m trying to learn a thing or two about hunting bucks earlier in the season.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Wish 4D opened this weekend. I could have killed a buck of 130" probably the last 5 seasons if it did. Always get a bunch of daylight pics of the slammers right before season starts. Then the switch to night owls.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Will have my 10 year old daughter out in the morning, wife is going out in afternoon and may take the 5 year old out to sit in the blind! Should have some action based off of what the cameras are telling us!!! Good luck and be safe to all that are going out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts