The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Hope everyone had a safe season. I had by far the most horrible year i have ever had. My hours were way down in stand and the deer sighting showed for it. I only saw 21 deer. I only saw 3 buck(1 legal) and only had 3 deer in range until today. I had deer all over me for the 1.5 hrs i was in stand. There were at leadt 3 under my stand when i walked in and more busted out. I could hear deer walking all around me in the dark and had 3 little ones come past right at 1st light. Then nothing till 6:50 when i looked off to my left and saw a decent size body deer about 125yds out. Threw up the bino's and saw it was a buck and that it had a lot of white on him. I grabbed the can call, turned it over and he instantly threw his head my way and started coming. At about 75 yds he started turning up the mtn and i hit the can again, and again he instantly turned right at me. He came right onto the trail rd at 20 yds facing me. As soon as he hit my scent line i drug in he turned right into one of my shooting lanes and stopped. Thats when i settled my pin and touched the trigger. At impact the arrow burried to the fletchings and he took off for about 30 yds and stopped. I put the binos on him and saw i hit him a touch back and saw blood pumping out of him. He stood for about 5 sec and trotted off till about 100 yds and stopped behind a big clump of trees where i could not see him and never saw him come out. I figured i hit liver and maybe back side of the lungs so i got down and slipped out. Called my buddy (BIG RED from team 10) and went to get some breakfast at McDonalds. Met BIG RED back at the farm and after 2 hrs him, the owners brother and i went to trailing. The blood trail was amazing pumping out both sides fro 80 yds then it started to slow down pretty quick. We never really lost blood but it was difficult at some points but he opened back up when he started to go thru some thick saplings and into a big green briar patch. Shawn(owners bro) headed thru to find blood on the other side while BIG RED circled below. I found where he kinda doubled back when he hit the real thick stuff and i was heading out of it, still on blood, when i hear "Browny come down here". My 1st thought was they found it but they said they just had blood. Thats when i see the smiles on their faces and i knew he was down and i could finally put my hands on my 1st last day archery buck. He ended up going about 400 yds with a big G5 T3 star thru the back of 1 lung and dead center of the liver. He is a decent 8 pt with about a 12" spread,didnt get a chance to put a tape to him cause we had to get him skinned down with the warm temps and another buddy needed some tracking help. The deer was a piebald with legs that are about completly white with a white patch on thetop side of his tail and a lot of white coming up his sides.

My email wont let me send pics to photobucket for some reason so if someone can help me i would appreciate it. I can send them to you and maybe you can post on here and entry thread.

Anyhow it was a great way to end a SLOW season and it made it even better(for me and BIG RED) helping our good buddy find his deer. He hit it right after i hit mine and thought he had nothing but guts so he backed out and we went back in at 3pm. After a pretty quick track job hhe had his hands on his 16" wide 8pt trophy.

Even tho they may not see it on here but a BIG thanks to BIG RED and Shawn for helping me track the buck i shot and a congrats to my buddy on his deer.

Again anyone who can help me get pics up just get ahold of me. Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thats awesome. Congrats I would love to see some pics. Someone will be by soon to post them pics for you.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I usually send them from my phone to my email then send them to photobucket but for some reason the address that photobucket says to use wont work. Thanks tho. I just emailed the pics to BowTech1 and he is doing it for me

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for posting for me bowtech1 i reall appreciate it. Think i may get the hide tanned but the wife isnt very impressed with that haha.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts