The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Re: 8 point taken in late season with Mathews Z7

It's tough to see the pic, but wow...150" 8 point is a GIANT! Congrats on an awesome deer.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts

Wow,that's a monster 8 pt.What part of pa?Got a story with it?Congrats on a fine trophy!

·
Registered
4,952 Posts

Small picture but a giant 8, Congrats

·
Registered
704 Posts

Thats a giant 8 point man. Congrats on a fine PA trophy. First time seeing that same deer?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Also I was trying to find what the biggest typical 8 taken in PA with a bow is. He has to stickers that would bring him down about 3" for P&Y. Anybody that could help with the info. would be great. I can also email the picture if somebody can post it so it is bigger. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,539 Posts

Great Buck Ponch!! Congrats

Made it larger for ya! Use the img code.

·
Registered
594 Posts

Great buck and to get it in the late season makes it all that more memorable. Congrats!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

SCI does score pen raised deer under a different category. The reason it was scored SCI is because that is what my taxidermist is certified for. The P&Y score is 144 5/8". This was definatly not a pen deer. I will be registering him in both SCI and P&Y.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah. I know. That's a funny picture. I let him lay for almost 2 hours after I shot him. I didn't see him go down so I didn't want to jump him. It didn't matter then anyway since I took out both lungs. He only went 100 yards

·
Registered
895 Posts
SWEEEET Buck....congrats !!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts