The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It wasn't pretty, but who would have thought PSU would be 8 - 1 and 5 - 0 in the conference? Now for the really tough part of the schedule. Nebraska, at Ohio State and at Wisconsin.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
13 hour shift for Lycosetter & I yesterday for ESPN. Snow & moisture sure can cause havoc with High Def & power connections....but what a great day for JoePa. Hope the Lions surprize lots of folks with the remaining season schedule.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
If Moye didn't enter the game, PSU would have lost.

I can't believe that either one of these QBs (McGloin or Boldin) were in the top 500 HS prospects, much less the top 5.

PSU needs to get rid of the nepotism that infects their quarterbacks with Jay Paterno.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
erschiessen said:
If Moye didn't enter the game, PSU would have lost.

I can't believe that either one of these QBs (McGloin or Boldin) were in the top 500 HS prospects, much less the top 5.

PSU needs to get rid of the nepotism that infects their quarterbacks with Jay Paterno.
This will change in a few weeks.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
what have you heard, bear?

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Bolden must have pictures... The shots of the press box are embarrassing. Walk away joe and take jay and Galen wit ya.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
If you had your druthers, who would replace JoePa?

The Chin would rank right up there, IMO.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
erschiessen said:
what have you heard, bear?
First of all, Joe will be 85 and his health is certainly an issue. He is in a lot of pain, hasn't been on the side line for most of the season. Right now he can't do what he needs to as head coach. Doesn't even make it to the locker room at half time. Mentally he is as stubborn/savy as ever but physically not so good. In another year his physical health will not have improved to the point where he can do what he needs to do.

Joe has always been concerned about his staff's future when he is gone. Supposedly, four coaches were given contract extensions just this week. These contracts can act as security if a new coach does not wish to retain them. Three of four are defensive coaches. Nobody can say that the PSU defense is a problem with this team so why mess with it. Fourth is McQuerry, the only significant offensive coach on the sideline. Those who were not given extensions are able to retire or in Jay's case will be taken care of similarly to how Fran Ganter was when he left the sideline.

Joe wants a significant say in who his successor will be. One of those is reportedly Urban Meyer, who will be a free agent from ESPN in about 4-6 weeks.

Joe now holds the NCAA Division I all time win record. A milestone that likely will never be matched. Something Joe says is not important to him, but I think it was and now that is accomplished and he and Eddie Robinson will be stand at the top for a long.

At the earliest, I would not expect any official announcement about a change until after the end of the regular season or more likely right before or after a bowl game. Joe has always tried to keep the discussion about his team and not him so a farewell tour is not likely. Just a quiet announcement about his successor. Next year the team should be in a good position to do well. Paul Jones will be the quarterback and if (big if) Urban Meyer is named head coach, recruiting class next year and future should be top 5.

There is a strong sense in the area that Joe has one more home game. If the weather is good and he is able to be on the sideline, I expect it to be his last.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts