The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7600 carbine that seems to have gotten tighter in the slide action recently. Any ideas on the best and easiest way to fix the problem? Is it possible one of the rails bent?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
The o-ring between the slide and slide tube probably broke. You have to take the slide off and replace it. Not a hard fix but lucky you caught now before the season. A very common problem with 760s and 7600s that usually ruins a few hunter's days per year.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
If you can't take it apart...I still haven't tried to tackle the job with mine..

I put a drop or 2 of oil on the slide tube and work the action...one of mine got super tight one year..the oil "fixed it". Though I'm guessing it needs a new o-ring as was said...or maybe there was debris caught in it..it functions fine and doesn't rattle or anything..

Might work..worth a try..if it doesn't work you'll have to take it apart and it does not look completely simple..

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mauser06 said:
If you can't take it apart...I still haven't tried to tackle the job with mine..

I put a drop or 2 of oil on the slide tube and work the action...one of mine got super tight one year..the oil "fixed it". Though I'm guessing it needs a new o-ring as was said...or maybe there was debris caught in it..it functions fine and doesn't rattle or anything..

Might work..worth a try..if it doesn't work you'll have to take it apart and it does not look completely simple..
I have tore the thing down as far as I can and cleaned everything. I agree though, replacing the O-ring looks a little more challenging!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts