The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had 3 bucks and 6 does in the field tonight and the one buck was a dandy. I put the sight just a wisker high and it blew smoke. I could see him go in a hunch with his tail between his legs, and go back in the woods. My boy and I walked up to the woods and the does went one way and the buck the other. I backed out and I'm going to look in the morning to see what I can find. I didn't want to push him out of the woods..

·
Registered
12,951 Posts
Did you find any blood where he was hit or just before he ran into the woods? Hopefully it was a good hit and you will find him tommorow-good luck to ya and keep us posted

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Good luck.... I am hoping the blood is still on the ground for you. I know what the weather is here and I will say a prayer.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I'll bet it will seem like it takes forever to get light this morning! Good luck,will be looking for pics in couple hours!

·
Registered
178 Posts
--my deer acted same way humped up tail down no blood at site started walking in circles and found it at least 75 yards from impact when gutting heart was jelly--goes to show how tough they are youll get it wish i lived closer would be glad to lend a hand

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Hope when i ck back in here this evening..i will get a good report!!

Best of luck!!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
good luck as others said hopefully yesterdays weather will not hinder your search

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry guys,I been alittle busy today. I went and looked. I am totally jacked. I found........the little tree that I killed. Looks like it just went over his back. Why he humped,I'm not sure. At least I completely missed. He will be back. and I will be ready.. Sorry to keep everyone hanging today. Stuffer

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Killing a tree --classic!

A long time ago - in what I consider a different life (teen age years), I managed to kill a tree.

A very cold (teens) day. The weapon was a 58 Cal Zoura (sp). 220 grs of soft plumbers lead. Saw the deer and fired as it took off. I found a ten inch birch tree hit about deer chest level. The tree was split from that point up just as neatly as wood split with an ax.

You just need to laugh and go on. But, that "kill" has stayed with me all these years. The anticipation of the shot results waiting for the smoke to clear... only to find the tree in that state. Priceless!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts