The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Model 700 sps camo compact in 7mm 08 for my kids for when they are ready to use it. I put a 3 x 9 Redfield Revolution scope on it. The scope ran about $200 and for the money it seems great especially with the lifetime warranty. Also it is made in the USA. The rifle has a 20 inch barrel and a 12 1/2 inch length of pull. It comes with some spacers that extend to 13 1/2 inches. I put a Sims slip over recoil pad on to extend it for myself.(think I like this better then the supplied spacers)

I took it out to the range today to test out the Hornady Custom Light ammo I got. (100 yard range) I am pleased with the results since I didn't have a rock solid rest. The three stickers covering holes are from sighting it in and the four shots. Tried to sight in for an inch high.
[img:center]
[img:center][url="http://s866.photobucket.com/user/rodney34/media/IMAG0941_zpsb444dbfa.jpg.html"]

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'd almost bet that I know that range! If I'm right I'll vouch for the fact that he didn't have a "rock solid rest". The benches are like rocking chairs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts