The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading a artical in our local papers online edition about a 7 year old that got a deer.I know this boy he plays on my sons football team.I am glad to see that there is another youngster that is hooked now that is what is going to keep this sport going.The artical is at http://www.leadertimes.com sorry about not posting a link directly to it

·
Registered
499 Posts
I wish that article would have mentioned the Mentored Program. The boy can legally hunt now , not have to wait 5 more years. My niece at 10 shot a buck and I know Huntin54 brother shot a nice buck this year at age 7. This is a great program and I try to get as many youths started as I can. I say congrats to the little guy , Im sure he will be hooked for life. The man that past away Wally was a friend of mine and loved the outdoors and hunting. Im sure he was smiling down that day.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Nice story, that was very nice of Ray to give away the hunt
to a youth hunter! Congrats to Hunter on his first deer! Xh,
I was wondering also why the mentor program wasn't mentioned
so that Hunter could be deer hunting this year.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
The end of the story states that the boy has to wait 5 more years to hunt? Can't you get a mentored Youth license every year? If not, I didn't know that it was a 1 shot deal ( excuse the pun)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Its every year for the mentored program , this was a High fence hunt so the boy could shoot a doe. The mentor program only allows the youth to harvest bucks right now with the same antler restrictions as a junior hunter.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
duh...It said fair chase- so I made an assumption and I didnt' think about the doe...
Thanks...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts