The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,786 Posts
<span style="font-style: italic"> (12) Seven-day nonresident small game license to persons eligible to procure a nonresident hunting license. The license shall be valid for a period of seven consecutive days.</span> <span style="font-weight: bold">The holder of the license shall be entitled to hunt for, take or kill crows and small game.</span>

then there is this:

<span style="font-style: italic"> § 133.5. Furbearers.
The coyote is classified as a furbearing animal. For the purpose of licensing, coyotes may be hunted with a hunting license or hunted and trapped with a furtakers license as described in section 2705 of the act (relating to classes of licenses).

</span>

My take based upon these two laws would be No one cannot hunt coyote with a 7 day small game license

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
I got this from the digest..maybe I am reading too much into it but seems they can be hunted with a hunting license..

Coyotes: (Statewide): No Closed Season. Coyotes can be hunted on Sundays. <span style="font-weight: bold">(Outside of Any Big Game Season) - May be taken with a hunting license or a furtaker’s license </span>and without wearing orange. (During Any Big Game Season) - May be taken while lawfully hunting big game or with a furtaker’s license.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
No, they may not be hunted with the seven day small game license, it is good only for small game and waterfowl and crows. It is not a general license which would be required to hunt coyotes, or a furtakers license.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for clearing this up. I wonder why they are not included in this license. Make things tough for me. :mad: i think they should change the law for me.

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
Join the crowd. Everybody wants things changed specifically for them. I do too.

Hmmm, on question though. Does the 7 Day Non-Res. specify whether it is 7 contiguous days of the week, or 7 HUNTING days ? You see what I'm getting at with Sunday ? Is Sunday (a day you can't hunt) included in one of the 7 days ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts