The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A very close friend of mine celebrated his 28th Birthday yesterday (2/21). In a nostalgic mood, his mother was going through some of his old belongings, and found a research paper that Drew had written in 6th grade (1997) on the issue of Gun Control and the Brady Bill.

As I read this paper, it raised this question in my subconscious…. if an 11 or 12 year old boy is capable of grasping the concept that gun control legislation aimed at restricting the access of law abiding citizens to firearms will never reach its goals of reducing violence and further protecting the American people…why can’t an adult? Or better yet…why can’t a US Senator? Or a Governor? Or the President of the United States?

I share this paper with you because it’s simple… Anybody can read it. There are no statistics, no stories, no anecdotes. <span style="text-decoration: underline">**Disclaimer** That is not my way of saying that a think you are a simple crowd or that you are not well-read.</span> There are a couple spelling and grammatical errors that are very common for a 6th grader. Other than that, the language is plain, and even an individual who was struggling with the English language would be capable of comprehending it.

That being said… US Senator Dianne Feinstein, US Senator Harry Reid, US Senator Bob Casey, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, and the rest of the embarrassingly long list of legislators that spend each and every day violating their oath of office to protect the United States Constitution… are you telling me that this is beyond your reading level?

Enjoy, and feel free to share your thoughts! It’s not perfect, but he was a young boy! He’s also a member on this forum, perhaps he’ll add to it for us…

I apologize as it may be difficult to read.. but it came to me as a text message to my cell phone

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.