The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I read correctly, 65 year old non-residents can now hunt with a cartridge rifle in the early (just past) special doe season.

Is this correct???

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
residents can for the last 3 days of the fall muzzle loader season, I would suppose non-residents could also, but not 100% sure on that..

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called last year to PGC. They said that you needed a "Senior License" and those are only available to residents. But I think that may have changed this year????

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
On page 9 of the digest it says: "Deer Anterless, Regular firearms (statewide): Oct 22-24 for Junior and Senior license holders ( also persons who have reached or will reach their 65th birthday in the year of license application)", I don't see why this would not apply to non-residents, but I would check with GC to make sure, of course you would need a license, and a doe tag for the WMU you are hunting in.

·
Registered
669 Posts
A senior lifetime license is only available to residents. If they are 65 they are able to hunt during that time.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
also persons who have reached or will reach their 65th birthday in the year of license application

this is the portion that is questionable, a person who is 65 and a resident may hunt during this time w/o a senior license, so the question is may a non-resident also hunt with a regular firearm during this time, it does not specify in the digest.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You got it springfreak. That is why I called PGC last year. But a press release to the newspaper seems to say otherwise. My brother is in that situation, and I'd like to know even thoough the season is behind us this year.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
springfreak said:
On page 9 of the digest it says: "Deer Anterless, Regular firearms (statewide): Oct 22-24 for Junior and Senior license holders ( also persons who have reached or will reach their 65th birthday in the year of license application)", I don't see why this would not apply to non-residents, but I would check with GC to make sure, of course you would need a license, and a doe tag for the WMU you are hunting in.
The digest is correct. There is a footnote (#4) to Title 58, Section 139.4 which authorizes the inclusion of persons who have reached or will reach their 65th birthday in the year of the application for the license. See code below:

Title 58, 139.4 reads as follows for the October 22-24 Antlerless Season: "Only Junior and Senior License Holders,(footnote 4), Commission Disabled Person Permit Holders (to use a vehicle as a blind), and Residents serving on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces, or in the U.S. Coast Guard, with required antlerless license.

Footnote 4: Includes persons who have reached or will reach their 65th birthday in the year of the application for the license and hold a valid adult license or qualify for license and fee exemptions under section 2706 of the act (relating to resident license and fee exemptions).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts