The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody else seeing horns these days ? on my way to my goose hunting spot this morning, rounded a bend and there was a doe standing in the middle of the road then another one came down the bank followed by a small 6 point. had to stop to avoid hitting them.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
I still have trail cams out in Sullivan Co. I have three 6-points, an 8-point and another 8-point with half a rack....as of this week. I have a lot more shed bucks. This time the last few years, I had a lot more holding.

I have seen bucks in my area shedding as early as buck season and as late as early March. Most shed in late Feb.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Was out looking for sheds on Valentine's Day and game across this shrub with 13 rubs in it,,,the one in the center was recently made.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
A lot of bucks still carrying here and won't drop till mid March or so. My buddy is getting pictures of a big double drop tine buck in Ohio and he hopes to find his sheds once he drops.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have two small bucks still holding that come to the corn almost everynight. I'm going to do take a walk this week and have a look see if anything is on the ground yet. There's a big double brow 9 that made it through that I would like to get his sheds. I had a pic of him in 2nd week of flintlock and nobody else was back in here hunting so he made it.

·
Banned
813 Posts
I usually start my shed hunting Feb 15th every yr. Here in PA. and in OH. I went out yesterday for the first time this yr and didn't find any ( which is rare for me) but i did see 6 deer, 2 of which were bucks that were still carrying and all looked to be in great shape and very healthy for this time of yr. I was going to spend next weekend in OH. but I might postpone that trip for a week or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts