The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have 2 bluepups the male 6 months is showing aggresion toward the 4 month old female on the hide and also on the caged critter is there anyway too break him of this without ruining him they are both ukc pr. and my kids want to show them and i need help thankyou

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
e-collar. it may set him back but at least you wont ruin the other dog too, which will happen if he keeps it up. or don't train them together. but you will still have to break him of it eventually.
i would not train or run him with another dog until you know he is well started then juice him for being mean after he has had enough good experiencees that he doesn't acociate it with the scent or the tree. or only run him by him self.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thankyou i ran him on hide since he was 3 months alone and kept puttin him away hot now i have ran him with my 8 year old in the field shot some down to him he doesnt give him a problem but i was worried about him being nasty at the comp. hunts wont he be disqulified for that? i had a walker when i was younger and they disqulified him off the bench because he had a blue eye. If it wasnt for my kids i wouldnt even worry about it but there trying and i never trained a pup just ask questions thankyou again

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Competition coon hunts are the best way to ruin a good dog.. Run your hound with everyone else crap eatin plugs.. Guys cheat just to win a plastic trophy... Close to 40 years a Bluetick man and I've seen it all.. You want good dogs, keep em in good company...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thankyou guys maybe i will just let them bench them the male is a blue ridge jack and blue ridge flash out of daltons litters the female is grnitch pr hollycreeks treetalkin smokey dame is holly creeks smokin blue dolly both out of verginia sure dont [email protected] them ruined they were both dna-p we plan on breeding in 3 years if they both turn out good what do you guys think?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts